Monday, April 20, 2009

Back on Island













Back from Spring Break where we shared some milestones with our children and our beautiful grandson and had them almost all together in California--minus Bobby and Kyle :( We did see Bobby and Kyle in Utah and spent Easter with them which was wonderful. We had a nice Easter dinner together at Kelli and Kyle's in Farmington.

It was great to spend time with family and a few friends but now I miss you all even more. I think we should all live in the same cul de sac. Does that work?
Take a good look at the angel in the picture three up from the bottom. She is the one on the end holding her beautiful baby boy. That angel is Jodi and she lives in the house next to mine in Draper. She is AMAZING. She asked before we arrived if she could go in the house to "put a few things in there for us." When we arrived in Utah weary from traveling, she had air mattresses and blankets and pillows, chairs, towels, a garbage can, a television to watch dvd's on, an ihome for music, tulips in the kitchen and groceries for breakfast. Can you stand it?? She thought of everything. We love you Jodi and miss you sooooo much!

Here are some highlights of the trip--and it was a trip, not a vacation ha ha!!
As you can see from the above pics Little Eddie was the center of attention. He was passed around constantly as you can see from the pictures above and who is holding him. He is perfect. Such a good baby. I was happy to see that he had grown but still felt like a baby to me so he hadn't changed too much since Christmas. We love you little E!!!!
Eddie's Birthday:
It was fun to be with Eddie and his sweet family on his birthday. (Is it really possible I am the mother of a son who is 26?? ) Eddie and Mary and baby Eddie are thriving in the sunshine of California. They have a darling apartment in the heart of Burbank with its tree-lined streets and quaint bungalows. Eddie toured us around his office and surrounding buildings at Disney Animation Studios. What a blast. Go Eddie. We are so happy for you and Mary.
Carli Graduates:
Congrats to Carli on her graduation from AMDA. You are the bomb Carli. It was wonderful to see you light up the stage in your showcase. You are amazingly talented and you have worked so hard. It made me cry to hear your beautiful voice. We are proud of you for finishing the program with flying colors. WOW!!! You really blew us all away. Can't wait to see where your life takes you... (And this very moment you are on a plane to come visit us and we can't wait to pick you up tonight!!!)
As a side note, after visiting the States, here are a few things I am so over...
Snow and sleet in April...
Traffic jams on Freeways...
Bad movies... (Sorry Vin and Paul)
The crowds, the lines, the bad food--- @ Disneyland--don't visit the park during spring break :)

And a few things I will never get enough of...
Family
Sharing space with my children (no matter how crowded it is)
Lunch with friends
Lone Peak
Brick Oven Pizza :)

And now I am going to nap on the beach to recover from my vacation.....

6 comments:

  1. okay, so I'm totally jealous!!! what a dream :) if we had the $$$ i would SO be coming to visit you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can your family be any cuter? Seriously, do they all have to have perfect bodies, perfect teeth, and perfect fashion sense?

    I am so glad you had a great time. It's nice to go back home every once in a while. I love your outlook on what you miss about the states and what you don't miss.

    I'm sure I'll have a big long list of what I'll miss about the island and what I won't miss about the island (like locals cutting in line at the grocery store because they think I'm a tourist... has that happened to you?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures!! Your Family is so darling! I can't get over how cute your little grandson!!! I am so glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Denet, is your email address the same? Dave and I need some info on houses to rent. May be heading to your paradise. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so good to see you.Your family looks great. Very cute grandson! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denet,

    Googled Ed Grampp and Grand Cayman Islands and found your blog! Amazing family you have and I can't wait for you to find out how you all ended up in the Caribbean! And you and Ed look terrific!

    Great pics. Hope you don't mind me looking in on your fam. Your grandson looks just like Eddie looked as a baby as I remember!

    TTYL,
    Martha

    ReplyDelete