Monday, March 9, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ED!!



Today is Ed's Birthday! Just wanted to say that I love him and the life we have together. He is such a great husband and father and grandfather and works so hard to take care of all of us. He is our rock and we depend on him for everything and he never lets us down. He is the man we all turn to when we need help. You are a ROCK STAR Ed--HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART!!!
Last week was another Grampp Birthday--Darling Carli turned 20 on March 3rd. I can't believe it. Last night I watched home videos of her when she was my little girl and I cried. She is still my baby girl and always will be :) Happy Birthday Car Car!! Carli is living with Eddie and Mary and Baby E now that they have moved to Cali to work for Disney!!! Eddie is loving his new job and we are all so happy for him and this new opportunity.


Life in Cayman continues to get better and better. We all absolutely love it and cannot believe that we really live here. Here is a little rundown on some recent events:
Summer enjoyed a camping trip to Kaibo with the entire 6th grade (how would you like to supervise that one?) that included exploring pirate caves, snorkeling, holding starfish @ starfish point and visiting blowholes as well as dining at rum point. How fun is that? The highlight of the trip however was her first kiss (on the cheek) and the night games and fun that included one of the teachers putting on a scary mask and getting quite a reaction from Summer who thought it was the legendary "Kaibo Creature" everyone had been talking about leading up to the trip. When the creature rattled something and emerged from the trees, she started crying, screaming and holding on to Coach Dave's leg (He is about 6'4". ) I guess they do it every year but being the new girl, no one let her in on the joke and they all had great fun watching her react. She laughed at herself and was a good sport when it was all over.


Holly continues to do several hours of homework every night and hang out with her friends on the weekends. She will be heading to Utah next weekend to attend Jr. Prom @ Alta. Look for pics. She is adjusting well and enjoys CIS but will return to Utah next year to graduate with her friends @ Alta. Her travel schedule is booked solid!! Utah in March, Utah & California in April for Spring Break, School trip to Costa Rica in May and then a possible trip to Ireland in the Summer. (Her friend Taylor travels home to Ireland every summer with her family and has invited Holly for a visit. We're hoping to work out the details so that she can go. Fun!!)
We all had great fun last week with our first visitors--the Becksteads. Bonnie & Mont spent five wonderful days with us and it was a BLAST showing them around and hanging out with them. I loved the company and miss them now that they are gone. We also met up with some of their friends who were also visiting and we all took a boat trip into the sound and caught our own lobster that we took home and ate for lunch. Yummy! We visited stingrays as well. Great day in the Caribbean :) Note: Visitors are welcome :) Speaking of visitors, Bobby & Allie are coming for a visit THIS WEEKEND!! They will stay about 10 days and we cannot wait! I miss my kids who are not here with me. Luckily I will see them all (including my little grandbaby Eddie) in April. Can't wait.

6 comments:

  1. What a dream there! Happy Birthday, Ed! Thank you for all you have done for me and Eddie. I hope you have a fabulous day! I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear your Cayman is so much more fun than mine! Probably because almost all of mine involves human teeth and Bryan doing school ALL the time. I am glad Ally is coming this weekend, can't wait. See you at church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for a GREAT trip, We had so much fun and can't wait to come back!!! Same time next year? PS It is snowing here...yuck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Summer didn't tell me she had her first cheek kiss. Does she not trust me? :)

    I can't believe how many trips Holly is going on. I'm so jealous- maybe I should volunteer at CIS and be a chaperon for the Costa Rica trip. Not a bad idea- should we do that instead of a shopping trip to Miami?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by the way- I've made both your London broil and your coconut chocolate chip cookies AND I've been listening to James Taylor. I guess we want to be like you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Ed,

    Great Blog! Your birthday is just a few days after mine and no one put a blog up for my birthday.

    Hey, we are thinking of coming over there in June. Do you know if this place is any good?
    http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p173186
    Also, do you know of any place else that would be good for teenagers at a reasonable price. What is your phone number there?

    D. it looks like you or Ed did a great job with this blog site. Wow, it looks beautiful there.

    Larry Aiken

    ReplyDelete