Friday, October 9, 2009

Recipe for a Perfect Summer Evening

Start with 1 beautiful Utah mountain setting-- (preferably Deer Valley)
Mix in generous amounts of pine trees, quakies, fresh air and the aroma of rich mountain soil.
Spread it out beneath a sky of brilliant blue then gently fade to a darkened canvas lit with sparkling starlight.
Set the temperature for cool enough to wear jeans, boots and a light jacket.
Toss in a blanket.
Sift in good company to share the experience with (in my case my daughter Allison--thanks for being my little concert buddy )
Top it off with the music of Jackson Browne--play for over two hours without an intermission.
Put it all together and you have one fabulous evening and an envious husband--sorry Ed, I know you would have loved it!! :(
It was a little bit of heaven for me and the perfect finale to my mountain summer visit!! I get emotional just thinking about it. It restored my soul!! Thank you Jackson--you've still got it :)


Cute Allison endured the strong smell of Marijuana that would waft by now and then. She said it reminded her of her mission in Amsterdam--too funny to connect those two opposites.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you needed that! I'm glad you had such a fun trip.
    We feel pretty special that we made your blog. It was so good getting to see you guys!
    I just read your other post and found out that you have 2 baby boys joining the family soon. That's awesome! The Lord must be trying to even things out. Is Allison getting used to the idea of a boy? I'm sure she is. They are going to love having boys the same ages. They will be the best of friends.
    We hope all is well over there, and maybe we will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete