Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Caribbean Dream


Holly and I have been enjoying the Sunsets on the horizon beyond our deck. She's been capturing the beauty with her camera. I love it when she calls out for me to come running before I miss some visual feast of sun, water and sky. The rays often shoot down through the clouds creating the bands of light you see in the picture above. (Credit her for the amazing shot!)

Even more impressive to Holly is the beauty of the Caribbean Moon. She proclaims that she is "obsessed" with it. When we go out at night the moon is aglow and closer somehow. Little white puffs of clouds sail on the breeze beneath a starlit sky that seems more bright as well. Very dreamy.
Yesterday morning we really had a treat. I woke up early around 5:30 and walked into the darkness of our greatroom. The shades were open and out the vast expanse of windows (this condo is great for views) I could see the water shimmering in the light of a bright moon hanging low in the sky. I had to wake Holly up. We were mesmerized by the beauty as the silvery waves gently lapped the shore. In the distance, we could see a speck of light. As Holly got ready for school I watched the speck take shape into a cruise ship coming to port in Georgetown. It was big and beautiful with its decks all lit up.

Today I woke up for a replay and was not disappointed. Thursday is a big day for cruise ships. We will have four today with a total of 12,000 visitors on the island. I've seen two already this morning.
We'll have to get a camera that takes night time pictures of the scene I described above; However, there's nothing like seeing it in person. Many of you are coming to visit, when you do, make sure you wake up early one morning to enjoy the magic.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds magical :) Hopefully we'll be able to get there sometime this year! To answer your question you left on our blog, we will be flying out to CA next weekend to check things out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing, I recorded Little E laughing yesterday, he laughs a lot now and smiles so much! It is so dang sweet. So, I sent it out to family, do you guys have a cell phone so I can send it to you? We need to take video of him and post it but our digital broke and our video camera I don't think can transfer video into our computer, maybe though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I'll bring a dessert! We live in Treasure Island, ah yes the luxurious studio condos, I especially love my half fridge with no freezer! Ha. See you tomorrow. Laura and Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly wait to come visit!! Maybe I'll swing by on a cruise ship. I'm sending a link for Holly to a site I worship! I love this womans stuff. There's a great post on shooting landscape pics. Here ya go Holly!
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2009/01/storytelling/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!!!! Tonight was a lot of fun. Thank you so much for having us- it was definitely needed in our "stressful" lives. :)

    I had such fun looking at your blog and reading your uplifting posts. There are so many things about this island to be thankful for!

    By the way, I browsed a few other blogs and your family is absolutely GORGEOUS. Like I said, I knew everyone would be cute even before I met you because of Brother Grampp's great clothing. :)

    ReplyDelete