Monday, February 2, 2009

First Day of School


Aren't they sweet in their little matching uniforms? Okay, they hate them but I love them :) Today was truamatic to say the least. It felt as though we were dropping two children off for kindergarten all over again. These two little homebodies have lived all of their school years in Draper and didn't know what to expect from being the "new kid". As it turned out, everyone welcomed them with open arms and Summer thoroughly enjoyed being the center of attention--literally. After school I asked Holly where she was and she pointed to a large circle of kids with Summer right in the middle of them. Holly was also warmly welcomed but less enamored with the whole attention thing. She is overwhelmed and still very homesick. She is the bravest kid I know. She is AWESOME to move forward and give this everything even though it is painful and the most difficult thing she has ever done. The counselor told her to expect a rigorous schedule including 2-3 hours of homework per night. She is enrolled in the "IB" program which stands for "International Baccalaureate". It is above AP level and puts the students in a very favorable standing when applying to Universities. Go HOLLY!!


So tonight I asked everyone what thing they miss most about Utah and what thing they love most about Cayman. Here are their answers:


Ed: 1) Doesn't miss Utah 2)Loves the weather

Holly: 1) Toss up between Taco Bell & the Mountains 2) The color of the water

Summer: 1) Misses her friends 2) Her new cute "crush" (Matthew)

Denet: 1) Misses Sunday dinners w/my married kids 2) Loves lounging on the beach, walking on the beach, jogging on the beach, looking at the beach.....


LIVE WITH PASSION!!!!

Denet

5 comments:

  1. Hi Denet,I found your blog from Lacey's.Looks like Heaven there.We miss you guys.It looks like everyone is having a great time.Keep in touch.Love Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denet,
    My blog address is wrong on your blog. It is www.laceyneilson.blogspot.com now you can be updated! I talked to Carli yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, the outfits are great. Go Holly and Summer for jumping right into things! I'm sure they are going to make friends very quickly! It just sounds so great there. What an adventure. Swimming, Walks on the beach and going running on the beach, now that is what I look forward to doing if we move to Cali! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would miss the Cayman stuff more than the Utah stuff, but maybe I am selfish! By the way... You can't just send pictures of your bashed car and not tell me what happened!!! Call me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    These pictures are beautiful. Hope things are going well for all of you. Jordan and Anisa sure miss you Summer. Please post some pictures of where you live now.

    Linda Denning

    ReplyDelete